According to tradition, today we have to flip crêpes in the pan while holding a gold coin in our hand. If we manage to flip the crêpe without dropping it we will have good luck all year long.
Chandeleur / Candlemas is one of my favorite holidays!
Crêpes remind me of afternoons at my grandmother’s house as a child with my cousins and aunts. We made crêpes, then lay everything out on the table: jam, melted chocolate, whipped cream…
My favorite crêpe: butter and sugar. When the crêpe is still in the pan, melt some butter on it, then add a little sugar… that’s it!
Crepes recipeseason all
- eggs 4
- flour 200 g
- butter 20 g
- cold whole milk 50 cl
- vanilla pod 1
- salt 1 teaspoon
- A capful of rum
- water 6 cl
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them into an omelette.
- Open the vanilla pod in 2 and scrape the inside with the tip of a knife.
- Melt the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, wisk flour and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add the rum and melted butter. Mix with the milk and water.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Heat a frying pan. Melt a little butter in it. Pour in a ladleful of the batter into the pan and swirl the pan so that the batter is spread over the entire surface. Cook 2-3 min. Flip the crêpe. Cook for 1 more minute.